National Science Foundation S-STEM Scholarship
The University of New Mexico-Valencia Campus is seeking applicants for the S-STEM Scholarship Program for the 2017-18 academic year. Students with declared majors in the fields of General Science, Pre-Engineering (including Computer Science), Mathematics, or Information Technology are eligible to apply. Any student with career aspirations in medical, healthcare, or clinical fields are not eligible. Awards of up to $10,000 per academic year will be based on financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must have a 3.0 GPA to apply.
Recipients will receive support and tutoring in math, chemistry, and sciences; academic advisement; career services; and transfer assistance. The program will prepare students to transfer into STEM programs at four-year research institutions, and future employment.
In order to maintain this scholarship during the during the 2017-2018 academic year students must:
- Maintain full-time enrollment as a UNM-Valencia freshman or sophomore in either a General Science (STEM track), Mathematics, Pre-Engineering, or Information Technology major.
- Maintain a “B-” average (2.67 GPA).
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA each academic year.
- Register for “UNIV 175: Research Methods” during the first semester or second semester.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following additional requirements must be emailed to email@example.com with "NSF S-STEM Requirements" in the subject line:
- Current academic transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a STEM high school teacher or UNM-Valencia STEM faculty member.
Qualified applicants may be invited for a personal interview as part of the selection process.
CONTACT INFORMATION Program: Miriam Chavez, Ph.D (505) 925-8613 or firstname.lastname@example.org Scholarship: Maisie R. Baca, MSM (505) 925-8590 or email@example.com
|6. ||Please enter your enrollment classification|
|7. ||Indicate the semester you wish to be considered for:|
|8. ||Indicate your declared major.|
|9. ||If you have declared a major in General Science, please indicate your concentration: |
|10. ||Do you plan to transfer to a 4 year institution?|
|12. ||Write an 250-500 word essay describing your career goals, academic ability and how the scholarship will support you.|
You may save the application and return later to enter your essay.